Today, Stovehouse is Huntsville’s premier destination for eats, drinks, shopping and leisure; but our roots run deep, and the history of Stovehouse goes back nearly a century.
Stovehouse is built on the bones of Martin Stamping and Stove Factory on Governors Drive in Huntsville, AL. Construction on the original building began around 1928 and was first home to the Electric Belle Stove Company. Soon after opening, the operation was scooped up by Martin Stamping and Stove out of Florence, AL. The location in Huntsville produced gas and electric heaters (“stoves”), air circulators, and more until the turn of the century.
In 2018, reconstruction began on the campus now known as Stovehouse with the goal of revitalizing the energy of the old factory and the district surrounding it.
Check out the old tanks and tumblers behind the Leisure Lawn stage, the yellow and green compressor right outside Parm and Pepper, and the gorgeous, historic trusswork throughout the campus.
Stovehouse is proud to be the heart of Stovehouse District, and play host to local events, local music, local businesses, and so much more.